RONALDO AND GEORGINA FLAUNT WEDDING RINGS
DIAMOND’S FORMER DJ RESCUED FROM STREETS
MUTURI REJECTS GACHAGUA’S ‘HYENA COALITION’
YUNGE’S ALLEGED EX CRIES FOUL AFTER CHARLENE’S WEDDING
GACHAGUA PROPOSES 'THE HYENA COALITION '
MP KAGUCHIA PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO INCITEMENT CHARGE
DIAMOND, ZUCHU WELCOME BABY GIRL
KINDIKI IN TROUBLE ?
KANG'ATA JOINS GACHAGUA'S DCP
NARC-Kenya leader Martha Karua has opened up about her recent phone conversations with ODM leader Raila Odinga following the deadly Saba Saba protests earlier this month.
Speaking during a media briefing on Wednesday July 23, 2025, Karua revealed she initiated two separate calls to Raila — the second of which came shortly after the July 7 demonstrations that left over 30 Kenyans dead.
According to Karua, her intention was to "prick Raila's conscience" over his continued support for the Kenya Kwanza government, which she accused of enabling extrajudicial killings and failing to address police brutality.
“I asked him, ‘Is it not time for you to reconsider your support for the regime?’” Karua disclosed. “I didn’t call for a debate; I left the matter for him to reflect on.”
The former Justice Minister also dismissed claims that she and Raila discussed the proposed National Conclave, a unification dialogue fronted by a section of leaders. She said she declined Raila’s invitation for further talks due to her planned travel to the United States, but more so because she believes such talks may serve as mere political pacifiers.
“I’m not against talks, but I’m against being used to soothe the public with empty gestures,” Karua said.
She further urged Raila to withdraw his support for the Kenya Kwanza administration, stating that without him, the regime would face collapse or even parliamentary sanctions.
Karua’s revelations come amid growing friction within the opposition ranks over the best approach to tackle the government’s handling of recent protests and citizen grievances.
Comments (0)
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!