RONALDO AND GEORGINA FLAUNT WEDDING RINGS
DIAMOND’S FORMER DJ RESCUED FROM STREETS
MUTURI REJECTS GACHAGUA’S ‘HYENA COALITION’
YUNGE’S ALLEGED EX CRIES FOUL AFTER CHARLENE’S WEDDING
GACHAGUA PROPOSES 'THE HYENA COALITION '
MP KAGUCHIA PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO INCITEMENT CHARGE
DIAMOND, ZUCHU WELCOME BABY GIRL
KINDIKI IN TROUBLE ?
KANG'ATA JOINS GACHAGUA'S DCP
Former Cabinet Secretary Moses Kuria has denied claims that he was fired from President William Ruto’s administration, stating that he voluntarily resigned from his role as Senior Economic Advisor to the Head of State. Speaking during an interview, Kuria explained that his resignation was prompted by dissatisfaction with the government’s handling of the Saba Saba protests, which resulted in loss of life and destruction of property. Kuria said he was closely following the protests while flying back into the country on July 7, 2025. Upon arriving the next day, he met with President William Ruto and submitted his resignation.
“On the 8th of July, I went and told the President, things are a bit hazy right now. I feel I need to step back, clear my head, and take a neutral position so the truth can come out,” he recalled. He emphasized that President Ruto did not fire him. “I was not fired, nor was I asked to resign. In fact, the President regretted my decision. He told me, “It is your choice, but it is unfortunate,” Kuria stated.
Addressing his earlier dismissal from the Cabinet, Kuria said no explanation was ever given. Kuria previously served as Cabinet Secretary for Investments, Trade and Industry, and later for Public Service, Delivery and Performance Management. Following President Ruto’s dismissal of the entire Cabinet in 2024 in response to Gen-z led protests, Kuria was appointed to the Council of Economic Advisors.
Comments (0)
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!