RONALDO AND GEORGINA FLAUNT WEDDING RINGS
DIAMOND’S FORMER DJ RESCUED FROM STREETS
MUTURI REJECTS GACHAGUA’S ‘HYENA COALITION’
YUNGE’S ALLEGED EX CRIES FOUL AFTER CHARLENE’S WEDDING
GACHAGUA PROPOSES 'THE HYENA COALITION '
MP KAGUCHIA PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO INCITEMENT CHARGE
DIAMOND, ZUCHU WELCOME BABY GIRL
KINDIKI IN TROUBLE ?
KANG'ATA JOINS GACHAGUA'S DCP
The U.S. State Department on Wednesday June 18 2025 said it is restarting the suspended process for foreigners applying for student visas but all applicants will now be required to unlock their social media accounts for government review.
The department said consular officers will be on the lookout for posts and messages that could be deemed hostile to the United States, its government, culture, institutions or founding principles.
In a notice made public, the department said it had rescinded its May suspension of student visa processing but said new applicants who refuse to set their social media accounts to "public" and allow them to be reviewed may be rejected. It said a refusal to do so could be a sign they are trying to evade the requirement or hide their online activity.
The Trump administration last month temporarily halted the scheduling of new visa interviews for foreign students hoping to study in the U.S. while preparing to expand the screening of their activity on social media, officials said.
Students around the world have been waiting anxiously for U.S. consulates to reopen appointments for visa interviews, as the window left to book their travel and make housing arrangements narrows ahead of the start of the school year.
Students from China, India, Mexico and the Philippines have posted on social media sites that they have been monitoring visa booking websites and closely watching press briefings of the State Department to get any indication of when appointment scheduling might resume.
In reopening the visa process, the State Department also told consulates to prioritize students hoping to enroll at colleges where foreigners make up less than 15% of the student body, a U.S. official familiar with the matter said. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to detail information that has not been made public.
Comments (0)
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!