PRESSURED GOVERNMENT BLAMES IRAN WAR OVER FUEL PRICE HIKE
GACHAGUA ACCUSES PRESIDENT MACRON OF MAU ROAD SCANDAL
PRESIDENT MACRON ft. BIEN, CHEF OMBACHI AND KIPCHOGE
VERA SIDIKA DATING TIPSY GEE?
Nairobi records progress as SafishaKaNairo clean-up drive restores order in waste hotspots
GUARDIOLA CONCEDES TITLE RACE
Northern Kenya Youth Shift to Skills-Based Jobs as NRT Expands Climate-Resilient Livelihoods
KANG’ATA DUMPS RUTO’S UDA TICKET AFTER GACHAGUA'S THREAT
CITIZEN'S TINA OGAL JOINS ODM FOR MP SEAT
The family of 21-year-old Peter Macharia was left devastated after his planned burial was suddenly cancelled on Thursday, July 17, in Njogu-ini village, Kirinyaga Central.
Macharia, who was fatally shot during the recent Saba Saba protests, was set to be laid to rest, but the government pathologist failed to arrive at the Kerugoya County Referral Hospital Mortuary for the mandatory postmortem.
Family spokesperson Hezekiah Kang’ethe described the cancellation as a painful disruption to an already emotional journey. “This has caused immense emotional and logistical distress,” he said.
Peter’s mother, Margaret Wainoi, said community members had already prepared food and arrangements for mourners, many of whom were travelling from distant places. “Now we’re unsure whether the grave will stay open for days,” she lamented.
Mutira Ward MCA David Kinyua Wangui, a relative, criticised the government for what he termed as negligence. “All preparations were done. This is a major blow to the family,” he said.
Peter’s sister, Flozy Mugo, called for justice through a heartfelt Facebook post, urging patience and dignity in the process.
Peter was one of 38 people confirmed dead during the Saba Saba protests, with over 130 others reported injured, according to the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights.
Comments (0)
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!