-

MUTURI RULES OUT RECONCILIATION WITH RUTO

Benard Mutuku August 24, 2025, 10:17 p.m. News
MUTURI RULES OUT RECONCILIATION WITH RUTO

Former Public Service Cabinet Secretary Justin Muturi has ruled out any chance of reconciling with President William Ruto.

“There will never come a day when I will hold a conversation or enter into any agreement with President William Ruto,” Muturi said on Sunday during the opening of the National Independent Church of Africa’s St Peter Kaunjira in Homa Bay.

He said the government’s failure to deal with abductions and extrajudicial killings marked his point of departure with the Head of State.

“The moment he failed to address the grave issue of abductions and extrajudicial killings was the point of no return between us,” he added.

Muturi’s fallout with Ruto dates back to mid-2024, when his son was abducted during the Gen-Z protests. At the time, he was serving as CS Public Service.

He later revealed his son had been taken by state agents and only released after Ruto personally called National Intelligence Service boss Noordin Haji.

Although his son was freed, Muturi said the incident left him disillusioned. “I want my legacy to be that of a leader who stood firmly for justice,” he said.

In January 2025, Muturi escalated his criticism, describing the killings and disappearances as murder most foul.Weeks later, he asked to skip cabinet meetings until the issue was addressed.

He was dropped from cabinet in March 2025, a move he maintains was punishment for speaking out.

Muturi has since accused the President of running a government of double standards. He has also dismissed Ruto’s anti-corruption drive as a staggering irony, saying the Head of State is “absolutely irredeemably corrupt.”

Related Post

Comments (0)

Your email will not be displayed publicly

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!